ORLANDO, Fla. – July 6, 2016 – “We are deeply saddened and shocked by the devastating tragedy that has taken place in our community, says John Lazenby, president of the Orlando Regional Realtor® Association (ORRA). “Our hearts and thoughts remain with the victims and their friends and families. We are standing strong with Orlando and will not let this atrocity define our City Beautiful, our home.”
ORRA’s Board of Directors, in response to the Pulse nightclub shooting, undertook a series of community initiatives to show the association’s support for both the victims and the City of Orlando.
ORRA’s outreach steps
• ORRA will use its communications vehicles – including social media, website, and e-mail capabilities – to provide members with a link to the City of Orlando clearinghouse site to make donations and offer or request assistance.
• ORRA will change its five digital billboards from “Use A Realtor” messages to “OrlandoStrong” messages. The billboards are part of ORRA’s annual spring/summer public awareness campaign.
• ORRA will produce a large banner with an “OrlandoStrong” message to hang on the outside of its headquarters building on Lee Road.
• ORRA will produce 1,000 “OrlandoStrong” lapel pins for members. The pins are available for free, while supplies last, in the lobby of the ORRA building on Lee Road. In addition, the pin manufacturer is donating 10 percent of the pins’ cost to the victims’ fund.
• ORRA will reach out, confidentially, to individual members affected by the shooting to provide assistance through the Florida Realtors Disaster Relief Fund. ORRA will also reach out confidentially to offer its assistance to members engaged in their own relief efforts.
Source: Orlando Regional Realtor Association